
Here's a pic of what my Bodhran looks like. I grabbed it from the maker's web site. His name is Albert Alfonso and he lives in Texas. He makes these great drums. Basically it's raw goat skin stretched on a wooden frame. Mine is tunable. Weather effects the skin so tightening and loosening is important. I have a second Bodhran made by a guy named Robert Davidson. I called him about a year later to ask a question about the drum and learned he had passed away. I don't know if I should play the drum or not. Part of me thinks I should keep it as original as it came. Another part thinks he would want me to play the hell out of it. That's why he made it right? Anywho, I'm talking drums cause I've been emailing a guy back and forth about jamming some Irish tunes. He plays the fiddle and wants to start a band of sorts. He's just picking up his fiddle after a 20 year hiatus so he's a bit rusty he claims. We will hopefully meet up in the next few weeks and figure out whats what. Furthermore, I am going to learn the pennywhistle. I have one and they are relatively easy to learn (I hear). Should be fun. Stay tuned.....get it? tuned? ha ha
No comments:
Post a Comment