
So this is a picture of Bristol Tennessee. It's located way up in the Northeast of Tennessee. The town is on the Tennessee-Virginia border. They have two police stations, two high schools, two everything. My dad was born and raised here and my grandmother (Who-Who we called her) lived here as did my Uncle Pat. Who-Who died in Nashville on June 29th 1992. Uncle Pat died on July 5th 2005 in Alexandrea, VA. Dad is thankfully still with us though he misses his mom and brother greatly. My family and I used to go to Bristol all the time as kids. Mike and I would spend large portions of the summers up there. We had bikes and everything. It was a second home. We kinda grew up in Nashville and Bristol. I was thinking of it for some reason and thought I'd talk about it. We would stand in the middle of state street and marvel that half our body would be in Tennessee and the other half in Virginia. Who-Who lived on the Tennessee side so we liked that side better. We would go across the border occasionally to the library of Church on Sundays at St. Ann's. Who-Who is buried on the Virginia side next to her mother and Daddy George (her step father). Anyway, it would take me days and days to write about all that stuff so I won't try. Mike could do a better job than me anyway. It's raining outside right now, maybe that's what started this Bristol talk. We would sit on the front porch with Who-Who and talk about everything in the world. I loved it when it would rain during our talks. It's such a peaceful time in my memory. I'm like my dad, I really miss Who-Who.
No comments:
Post a Comment